Translate

quarta-feira, 29 de maio de 2013

A simple Idea for English Classes- Tip for English Teachers



My last post was about how Pedro Andrade's(reporter of 'Manhattan Conection') English "opened doors" for him.
As I said, his English is 99.9% free of accent.
It's amazing listening to Pedro Andrade talking.
So this week I had an idea for my english classes, and I would like to share with you, english teachers.

* You can use any article, page from a book(I also used a paragraph of 'The Diary of Anne Frank'), poem, whatever, the only rule is that has to be interesting for your student/s.

1- I got my students to read the article in magazine CLAUDIA-month of May, 2103, about 'Pedro Andrade'.
I gave them a couple of minutes to read silently, of course in portuguese and then SPEAK IN ENGLISH what they understood.
For my lower english level students, I asked them to TRANSLATE it.

You know what? It was a Success!!!

That's my philosophy of life....TO BE SIMPLE!!! And it works.

We can transform many thigs into an interesting English Class.

If you need any help to have ideas for your english classes, I will be willing to help!!!

See you,
Teacher Patrícia Brandão.

Nenhum comentário: